Organising any wedding is certainly a testing ordeal for anyone, and a big part of the event planning is the reception party, which is the highlight of the day. With all the formalities taken care of, the reception is a chance for the bride, groom and guests to let their hair down and party, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to help you plan the perfect outdoor wedding party that will be remembered for all the right reasons.
- Sourcing the Best Venue – With so much to organise, the least you have to do regarding the reception, the better, and with stunning Sydney wedding venues that offer a comprehensive service, you can create your own unique menu. They would assign an event planner, who would liaise with you on every aspect of the reception, and it is important to choose a venue that has all the facilities you would expect from a 5-star establishment. Sadly, some venues are rather rigid when it comes to party planning, offering several packages, yet there are venues that are happy to work to your preferences, which means you can create the perfect wedding reception. If you begin your quest for the perfect venue with an online search, you can then browse the websites and those you think might be suitable, you can visit. Prepare a list of questions before you do, which will help you to make an informed decision.
- Themed Receptions – It is trendy to have a themed wedding reception, and with the right venue, you could have a Victorian themed reception, as there are several suitable venues in Sydney with Listed Heritage buildings and stunning gardens that make for the perfect backdrop. You might prefer a less formal affair, like a country farming theme, which gives everyone the opportunity to be creative with their outfits, but whatever them you choose, the venue needs to be suitable.
- Take an All-In Package – Choose a venue that can handle every aspect of the reception, including, menu, drinks, audio-visual equipment, stage, parking, and some overnight accommodation, should any of your guests prefer not to drive home until the following day. If you crunch the numbers and come up with an affordable budget, this will give the venue management something to work with, and hopefully, an agreement can be reached.
- Delegate – If you are tasked with organising a wedding, you are advised to delegate specific tasks to others, which will make things a lot less stressful. You could assign one person the task of designing and creating the wedding invitations, while another could help to organise the bridesmaids, or anything else that needs to be overseen.
- Entertainment – It is likely that the reception venue would have a few entertainment packages, although you are not restricted to using their services, and if you would prefer your own DJ or live band, this should not be an issue.
With the reception in the capable hands of an established local venue, you can focus on other aspects of the event, of which there are many, and hopefully, everything will be fine on the big day and the wedding will be talked about for years to come.